Publishing Market size to grow by USD 18.35 billion during 2022-2027 | Growing impact of e-books to drive the growth – Technavio
NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The publishing market size is expected to grow by USD 18.35 billion between 2022 and 2027. However, the growth momentum of the market will progress at a CAGR of 1.14% during the forecast period. The market is segmented by Platform (Traditional and Digital), Type (Book publishing, Magazine publishing, and Newspaper publishing), and Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East and Africa, and South America). Changing business dynamics of the publishing industry drives the publishing market. As a result of the advent of e-readers such as the Kindle, increased use of iPads, tablets, and smartphones, and deep discounts on e-books, major publishers focus on strengthening their presence in the e-book market. Most publications make the leap to digital platforms by launching websites and other online services such as email newsletters, RSS (Rich Site Summary) feeds, and news apps. They experiment with content, such as distributing various supplements to this paper, and thus, along with changing consumer needs, trends in the newspaper industry are also changing. Hence, such factors drive the growth of the publishing market during the forecast period. The report analyses the market size and growth and provides accurate predictions on the growth of the market. View a Free PDF Sample
- The report recognizes the following as some of the key players in the publishing market: Amazon.com Inc., Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, Cambridge University Press, Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH and Co. KG, John Wiley and Sons Inc., McGraw Hill LLC, News Corp., Oxford University Press, Pearson Plc, PLANETA CORPORACION Srl, RELX Plc, Scholastic Corp., Springer Verlag GmbH, Thomson Reuters Corp., Vivendi SE, and Wolters Kluwer NV
- Publishing Market is fragmented in nature.
- Market to observe 1.32% YOY growth in 2023.
- The rise in the number of indie and self-published authors is a key trend in the market.
- Self-publishing enables indie authors to eliminate the risk of losing their rights and control of their books to traditional publishers.
- In self-publishing, authors can earn 60%-80% of their books’ listed price as royalty.
- The rise in the number of indie and self-published authors will increase the number of self-published titles.
- These factors will support the publishing market growth during the forecast period.
- Privacy and cybersecurity issues while surfing online content challenge the growth of the publishing market.
- Tracking cookies to customize advertising and target audiences helps service providers to collect data.
- Also, this collected data includes customer behavior used for customer profiling and data mining.
- Market vendors rely heavily on computer-based networks and the Internet, making the market vulnerable to security-related issues.
- Other problems include data theft, which is common in virtual worlds.
- Hence, such challenges impede the growth of the publishing market during the forecast period.
The report also covers information on upcoming trends and challenges. Explore detailed information by purchasing a report
The traditional segment will account for a significant share of the market’s growth during the forecast period. Traditional print newspapers are a major source of revenue for news publishers. Newspaper publishers use various business models to gain a competitive advantage in the market. In the paid model, revenue is generated from newspaper circulation and advertising. The marketing model refers to performance-based or reach-based revenue. The classified ad model depends on the sales of classified ads. These factors will drive the growth of the segment during the forecast period. Get a glance at the market contribution of the segments, Request a Free Sample
The digital educational publishing market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 16.13% between 2022 and 2027. The market size is forecast to increase by USD 14,059.19 million. This digital educational publishing market report extensively covers market segmentation by end-user (K-12, higher education, and corporate and skill-based), product (digital textbooks, digital assessment books, and others), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and Middle East and Africa). One of the key factors driving the digital educational publishing market growth is the competitive pricing of online content.
The comic book publishing market size is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.88% between 2022 and 2027. The market size is forecast to increase by USD 3,778.35 million. This comic book publishing market report extensively covers market segmentation by genre (science-fiction, manga, superhero, non-fiction, and others), platform (non-digital and digital), and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and the Middle East and Africa). The growing availability of comic books on e-commerce sites is notably driving the market growth.
Publishing Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 1.14%
Market growth 2023-2027
USD 18.35 billion
YoY growth 2022-2023 (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East and Africa, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 68%
US, Canada, China, UK, and Germany
Leading Vendors, Market Positioning of Vendors, Competitive Strategies, and Industry Risks
Key companies profiled
Amazon.com Inc., Bertelsmann SE and Co. KGaA, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, Cambridge University Press, Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH and Co. KG, John Wiley and Sons Inc., McGraw Hill LLC, News Corp., Oxford University Press, Pearson Plc, PLANETA CORPORACION Srl, RELX Plc, Scholastic Corp., Springer Verlag GmbH, Thomson Reuters Corp., Vivendi SE, and Wolters Kluwer NV
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period.
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
Historic Market Sizes
Five Forces Analysis
Market Segmentation by Platform
Market Segmentation by Type
Market Segmentation by Geography
Drivers, Challenges, & Trends
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focus on emerging market trends and provide actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions.
With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/publishing-market-size-to-grow-by-usd-18-35-billion-during-2022-2027–growing-impact-of-e-books-to-drive-the-growth—technavio-301935090.html