Kevin Hirzel releases Second Edition of Hirzel's Handbook on Michigan Condo and HOA Operations
FARMINGTON, Mich., May 4, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Kevin Hirzel, Managing Member of Hirzel Law, PLC, is proud to announce the release of the second edition of “Hirzel’s Handbook: How to operate a Michigan Condo or HOA.“ The original version of Hirzel’s Handbook was released in 2021 and was one of Amazon’s top 100 new releases in practical guides to real estate.
“Many volunteer directors that sit on community association boards do not receive any training. I wrote Hirzel’s Handbook to fill the void and provide volunteer board members and property managers with the basic tools they need to successfully operate a condominium or homeowners association,” said Hirzel.
Hirzel’s Handbook will critical issues and homeowners associations navigate the following important issues:
- Best practices for operating community associations, including corporate governance, financial operations, and insurance
- How to handle the transition from developer to owner control
- Best practices for enforcing HOA Bylaws
- Strategies for collecting delinquent HOA assessments
- How and when to amend the governing documents
- How to comply with the Fair Housing Act and avoid discrimination claims
“Hirzel Law, PLC is excited to be releasing the second edition of Hirzel’s Handbook as there have been a lot of changes in the condo & HOA industry over the past couple of years,” said Hirzel. In addition to discussing case law and legislative updates over the past two years, the second edition of Hirzel’s Handbook also explores the following new issues:
- Tips for obtaining reserve studies and funding reserves in the wake of the Surfside collapse
- New Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lending guidelines related to the Surfside Collapse
- Steps for obtaining a community association loan
- The relationship between master community associations and subassociations
- How to re-incorporate a dissolved community association
- Reviewing the types of decisions commonly made by the board of directors versus the owners
- Best practices for owner inspections of books and records
- The latest updates on short-term rentals and emotional support animals
- Tips for handling owner social media and fake HOA websites
- A new chapter on the Fair Housing Act to avoid discrimination claims
Hirzel’s Handbook is available is available on amazon.com as an eBook, paperback, or hardcover. An audible version of the book is scheduled to be released later this year. For questions regarding Hirzel’s Handbook please visit hirzellaw.com.
Hirzel Law, PLC is an award-winning law firm with offices in Farmington, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City, Michigan, along with Chicago, Illinois, that represents hundreds of condominium and homeowners associations.
(248) 988-0553 [email protected]
Related Links www.hirzellaw.com
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kevin-hirzel-releases-second-edition-of-hirzels-handbook-on-michigan-condo-and-hoa-operations-301816520.html
SOURCE Hirzel Law, PLC
Private Internet Access gives you unparalleled access to thousands of next-gen servers in over 83 countries and each US state. Your VPN experience will always be fast, smooth, and reliable.